Location(s): Harwich (Galloper Windfarm), ESS, GB, CO12 4gd
RWE Renewables UK Management Ltd., Harwich (Galloper Windfarm)
Functional area: Operations & Maintenance
Galloper Offshore Wind Farm is located 27km off the coast of Suffolk and generates 353MW, the wind farm represents an investment of around £1.5 billion. It is estimated that the average annual generation expected at the site will be equivalent to the approximate domestic needs of more than 380,000 average UK households. The 353MW Galloper Wind Farm is owned by RWE Renewables, Siemens Financial Services, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, Sumitomo Corporation and ESB. The project is operated from a state-of-the-art, purpose-built Operations & Maintenance facility in Harwich International Port by RWE Renewables on behalf of the project partners.
Reporting to the Marine and Control Room Manager. The Warehouse and Facilities Coordinator is responsible for managing the Stores provisions at Galloper for the maximum corporate benefit and to achieve wind farm development objectives. Implement and maintain systems and procedures to manage stores, tools and equipment to ensure the O&M team have the right tools and equipment for the job.
Support Galloper Maintenance and Operations teams with day to day assistance as required. Ensure H&S processes for the warehouse, facilities and logistics are adhered to including the reporting of accident, incidents and near misses. Manage the facilities maintenance, statutory compliance inspections and ensure remedial actions are completed proactively to ensure the safety of employees and visitors. Completion of safety walks and audits. All Logistical risks utilising an ALARP processes, facilitate logistical support for a 24/7 operation.
The role may require flexible working patterns or arrangements to ensure the operational team have access to the information required to carry out their role in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage warehouse inventory and maintain SAP database. Ordering spares and equipment under current call off contracts. Arranging and tracking courier collections as required
- Co-ordinate tools and spares within the warehouse to reflect the site working schedules. Monitor tools issued and ensure calibration periods are maintained and recorded within the tools database
- Manage and maintain the servicing requirements relating to plant and equipment on site (Electric trucks, Trailers, FLT, Site Vehicles). Provide training and instruction for the use of the Electric trucks on site and maintain records of personnel authorised in the use of the trucks
- Manage the waste system on site ensuring users are instructed in the segregation requirements and reporting any issues to HSE Advisor and the CE of the contract
- Alerting the HSE Advisor to any perceived trends relating to HSE risks or transgressions developing as they arise
- Maintain and foster good key stakeholder relations, especially vessels, stores delivery customers and Harwich International Port
- Ensure relevant laydown areas and controlled waste facility on the O&M Facility are maintained and secure, with the pontoon access areas kept clean, tidy and functional for personnel to embark and disembark
- Facilities inspections and management of facilities maintenance. Ensure statutory and remedial actions are completed proactively to ensure the safety of employees and visitors
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous warehouse or stock management experience – SAP Inventory Management. Including experience and knowledge of customs requirements for imports and exports.
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent SHE qualification
- Dangerous Goods Advisor and COSHH trained
- Reach truck or forklift operations
- Experienced in Facilities inspections, management of Facilities maintenance and statutory inspections, including Legionella Awareness
- Have the capacity to manage a demanding and fluctuating workload. With a flexible approach to working hours as we operate the wind farm 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- IT literate with Microsoft Office packages and confident in learning new IT Systems. Experienced in writing procedures and updating documents.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicating and interacting with stakeholders, vendors, suppliers and customers
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 71183, application deadline 15.08.2022
Any questions? email@example.com
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE’s youngest subsidiary and one of the world’s leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.